|Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) invites applications for faculty positions at Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor levels in various fields of Engineering, Sciences, and Humanities & Social Sciences at the Institute. The candidate must have an excellent academic record and a demonstrated potential for excellence in research. The successful candidates will be expected to teach at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, conduct independent research in the candidate’s field of expertise, and contribute to administrative activities. As a rapidly growing institute, IITGN welcomes driven and energetic candidates who can contribute to institute-building activities.
The areas of interest and application instructions are listed below. Note that there are no last dates and we accept applications throughout the year.
The Institute tries to be supportive of faculty and their endeavours by offering the following:
- Chairs and Fellowships to outstanding candidates at all levels. In general, the average emoluments at IITGN will be higher than elsewhere in the country.
- Liberal moving expenses to all faculty joining the Institute.
- The teaching load of a faculty member in the Engineering will not normally be more than 3 courses per academic year. Initially, all efforts will be made to limit teaching to one course a semester for new faculty. In the Sciences, social sciences, and humanities, the teaching load will not normally be more than 1 course per semester.
- The Institute will be providing a Professional Development Fund of Rs. 1 Lakh per year (carried forward for up to 3 years) to all faculty members for their professional growth. This may be used for purchasing books/laptop, attending conferences or collaborative visits in India or abroad, etc. Additionally, a sum of Rs 50,000/- can be provided for participation in international conferences from the donation funds.
- Liberal start-up funds to new faculty to get their research efforts started, and will provide any support needed to apply to funding agencies for grants.
- Full support to the faculty to develop collaborations with research institutes in Ahmedabad and outside.
- Liberal support and authorization to faculty to develop library resources in their subject area.
- If there is only one faculty member in an area, the Institute will endeavor to hire at least one more faculty member in the same area for synergy of research efforts.
- In Sciences, the Institute will provide funds to support two Post Doctoral Fellows (for three years each) for a new faculty member in the Sciences during the first four years at the Institute.
Further information about the recruitment process, life at IITGN and Ahmedabad, support from the Institute, etc. may be found in the following pages:
IITGN FAQ for Faculty Applicants
Qualifications & Payscales for Faculty
IITGN General FAQ
Guidelines for Personal Visit to IITGN (for faculty candidates)
World Class Faculty. Global Aspirations
Raising the Bar on Indian Education
Partners in Success
IITGN in News
IITGN Life on Campus (student-run)
Academics at IITGN
More information about specific disciplines (Sciences, Engineering, Humanities, and Social Sciences) can be found through the links below.
- Please name the PDF file YourName_IITGN_Fac_App.pdf with ‘YourName’ replaced by your name.
- Make sure you have attached all the annexures mentioned at the end of the application form.
- Mail (send by post) one hard copy of the filled and signed form to:
Professor In-Charge, Faculty Affairs
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
Chandkheda, Visat-Gandhinagar Highway,
India – 382424